Welcome to GTU Platform!
GTU TaxUpdate® is a platform owned by GTU Legal Research Company, S,A., a company with registered address at Avenida Marginal, Edifício Parque Oceano 3.ºC, 2780-322, Santo Amaro de Oeiras, Oeiras – Portugal and with taxpayer and company number 514797878 (hereinafter referred to as “GTU”, “we” or “us”).
When you use the GTU website/platform, you will share some information with us.
So, we want to be open about the information we collect, how we use it, whom we share it with, and the choices we give you to control, access, and update your information.
That is why we have prepared this Privacy and Cookies Policy, which describes the terms, conditions and rules applicable to the personal data processing carried out by GTU.
At GTU, we understand the importance of protecting your personal information and we are committed to safeguarding your privacy online. This Policy describes the types of information GTU may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website/platform and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect:
- When you visit our website – www.globaltaxupdate.com.
- In chat, text, email, or other electronic messages between you and GTU - for example, when you register or subscribe to a certain plan, create a profile, or use an interactive feature.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the mentioned website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and GTU.
Please carefully read this document as you acknowledge that it is part of our Terms and Conditions of Use, and by clicking “I agree” to those Terms and Conditions you agree to be bound and abide by it. If you do not agree, you must not access the website or use any of the content found on it.
1. INFORMATION COLLECTED
When you subscribe to our plans and use the GTU platform we will receive and retain personal information about you (“Data Subject”). For this purpose, we will be considered as Data Controllers for the treatment of Personal Data collected and treated in each of the situations referred below. The kind and amount of information depends on how you use the website.
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age and is not targeted toward children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
Non-Personal Information and Aggregated Information. This information does not identify a specific individual by itself.
When you browse and interact with our website, we may automatically collect certain information about your device, browsing patterns and actions, including location data, logs, traffic data, or other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
This information collected automatically will not be used in order to identify a user, is statistical data and is usually aggregated with other information to help us improve our website.
Personal Data. identifiable information - your “Personal Data”- gives us details about who you are, such as your name, your email address, your postal address, and your phone number.
When you register or subscribe to a plan through our website, we will ask for certain information about you such as your first and last name, address and company name.
We collect Personal Data directly from you when you provide it to us, as in the following situations:
- When you provide information by filling out forms on our website, information provided at the time of registration to use our website or subscribing to GTU plans. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
- If you contact us, we will keep records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses).
- When you carry out transactions through our website, we will keep track of that. At those times, you will also be required to provide financial information, such as credit card information and other billing information. This information will only be shared with third parties who help to complete the purchase transaction.
In any of the above-mentioned situations, GTU assumes that the Personal Data was submitted by the respective Data Subject or that its submission was authorized by the same. GTU further assumes that the data is real, accurate and up-to-date. The Data Subject is responsible for the personal data transmitted and submitted to GTU.
2. PROCESSING AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
GTU uses information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data for the following purposes:
- present our website and its contents to you.
- provide you with information, or services that you request from us.
- fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- provide notices about your account or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- comply with our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered between you and GTU, including for billing and collection.
- notify you of changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
We also use this information to customize certain website features to provide you with an enhanced experience based on the type of device you are using to access the website, and in certain cases, to provide you the requested content.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information we collect about you or you provide us for several purposes, including:
- Present our website and its contents to you.
- Provide you with information or products which you may ask from us.
- Provide you with notices about your subscription, such as expiration and renewal notices.
- Notify you about changes to our website or any products we may offer.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features on our website – forum or chat.
- Customize certain features of the website to provide you with an enhanced experience based on the type of device you are using. Contact you about products and services provided by GTU and that may be of interest to you
In any other way we may describe, and you may specifically consent to, when you provide the information.
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
For the purposes above GTU may disclose Users’ personal data:
- To Data Processors in order to process the data under GTU’s instructions and on its behalf (including IT developers and maintenance service providers, IT providers, and GTU partners) to ensure that such data processors provide sufficient guarantees on the implementation of measures that ensure processing will meet the requirements of the applicable law and ensure the protection of the rights of the users;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- To third parties and entities when GTU deems it necessary or appropriate: under applicable law; to comply with legal processes; to respond to requests from public and government authorities;
- To third parties in case of any given restructuring of the company (GTU Legal Research Company, S.A.), merger, sales, joint venture, transfer or any acquisition of the totality or part of its business, assets or shares;
- To other companies in the group, or companies whose partners are GTU partners, and conduct any GTU related or equal activity.
We may need to transfer your information internationally to other companies or service providers. This data transfer may happen if our servers (i.e. where we store data) or our service providers are based outside the country where we offer our services. When any of the above occurs, we will make sure that it is done in compliance with the legislation in force, and your information is properly. GTU will take all applicable measures to protect its Users’ personal data, as well as requires that these third parties comply with all the measures required by the Law and Data Protection Regulation, namely technical measures and organizational structures.
5. USERS’ RIGHTS
GTU respects your rights in accordance with the applicable data protection law.. As such, you have the rights to:
- access personal data: to understand whether or not we are processing your personal data and when we are, to request a copy of the personal data that GTU holds about you;
- correct personal data: you have the right to request us to correct any inaccurate information;
- erasure: in certain circumstances you may have the right to ask us to erase any personal data we hold about you. We only process and retain your data for as long as we need to;
- restrict processing: in some circumstances such as in the case of inaccurate data or unlawful processing you have the right to restrict the processing that we carry out with your personal data;
- data portability: the right to be able to take data you provided to GTU in certain circumstances provided it shall not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others;
- object: the right to in certain circumstances object to GTU processing your personal information. You may withdraw the consent to process their data at any time. However, this does not affect any processing performed by that date based on any consent previously provided. If for any reason you want to delete your account, you can do so on the site.
6. STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
The Personal Data processed by GTU shall only be stored for the necessary period and for the purposes aforesaid. After this period, such data shall be permanently erased, unless there is a legal obligation or in case the GTU adopts some of the technical measures that allow the retention of data in total security, such as anonymization or pseudonymisation.
7. DATA RETENTION
GTU shall retain Personal Data for as long as the user account is active for services to be provided or as long as GTU requires that its Personal Data comply with the purposes for which it was originally collected, unless required by law.
We will retain and use the information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Where there is no specific legal requirement, the data shall be stored and stored only for the minimum period necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or for further processing or,, if and when applicable, for the period determined by the competent data protection authorities, after which it will be deleted.
8. DATA SECURITY
GTU is committed to ensuring the safety of your personal data, from collection to deletion or anonymization. As such, GTU has implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure an adequate level of security for this risk.
However, no one can guarantee the complete security of your information. The safety and security of your Personal Data also depends on you. In cases where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do not share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk and we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
9. COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLGIES
Cookies are text files which are stored in your browser or hard drive of your computer when you visit a website. They are used by most websites to improve your experience browsing the site.
The information processed regards the users’ browsing preferences, such as the way users access and use the GTU website and in which country area they access it and they do not include any information or personal data regarding the users - only generic information.How to change Cookies preferences.
Within your browser you can choose whether you wish to accept Cookies or not. Generally, your browser will offer you the choice to accept, refuse or delete Cookies or warn when Cookies are being sent. Each browser’s website should contain instructions on how you can do this. Please note that some features on the website will not work if you do not allow Cookies. To learn more about Cookies, please visit the website http://ec.europa.eu/ipg/basics/legal/cookies/index_en.htm
GTU uses first-party cookies, in particular we use:
- authentication cookies, to identify the user you have logged in for the duration of a session.
These cookies are exempt from consent. Alternatively, you can enable or disable cookies in your browser, and if you wish you can restrict or block the cookies set by any website. You can do this through the web browser settings for each web browser you use, on each device you use to access the internet. Information on controlling and deleting cookies, including on a wide variety of browsers, is also available at allaboutcookies.org
We also use Pixels in our websites. A Pixel is a tool that helps us analyze the effectiveness of our services, by tracking the actions of visitors and users.
We will inform and obtain your consent for all tracking we make from your visit.
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial proceedings, as Data Subject, under the law, you are entitled to lodge a complaint before a Data Protection Authority or any other relevant authority, in case you consider that the processing of your personal data violates the legal framework in force.
11. CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have questions or concerns about how GTU processes your personal data, please send a request for clarification to email@example.com.
Last updated on: September 2019